Every step you take and every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. Because you’re taking those steps with a team, you’re multiplying your impact on the cause.
Team Captain Checklist
Once you’ve registered your Team, here are some next steps:
- Make a self -donation in any denomination to show your commitment
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit. For recruitment tips click here
- Display event materials — brochures and posters — around the office, campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high traffic areas. Put your name, phone number, and/or email address on the posters so people can contact you to get involved. More event materials are available on the Fundraising Resources Page.
- Host a kickoff meeting or event and invite the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® staff to make a presentation. To have us attend email email@example.com or call 518-250-5379.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members and highlight the team’s top fundraising member.
- Create fundraising incentives for your team members encouraging them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Remind team members to log on to their fundraising pages to record all offline donations and send thank-you notes.
- Post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
- Remember to pick up your team box on 9/29 or 9/30 between 10am-7pm at the Empire State Plaza. All team members t-shirts, race bibs and more will be in there.
Last year, Teams raised more than $49,000 for the fight to end breast cancer. That’s a huge impact! Team fundraising helps ensure that we will be able to make the biggest impact in the community.
There are two ways that teams can engage in fundraising:
- Each team member asks their friends, family members and co-workers to support them in their fundraising efforts by making a donation. To get tips and tools on personal fundraising, click here.
- Your team can host a fundraising event. To download a list of fun and easy fundraising events, click here.
The ultimate reward is knowing you’ve brought our community miles closer to the reality of a world without breast cancer. But be sure to check out the Team Rewards page for more information on how we thank our top performing teams!
Team T-Shirt Contest
Bring your team to the stage at 10:45am for the Team T-shirt Contest!!! Teams will no longer need to drop off a shirt, instead teams should send atleast 1 member up to the stage at 10:45am to be entered into the contest. Winning team receives a special award!
You can also visit our ShopKomen store to order custom team t-shirts.
Want to add the official team logo to the back of your shirt? Choose from the options below. Click the button to download the file with hi-res versions for printing.